Saturday, September 30, 2017

Shortly after Joseph came to work at 6 p.m. he asked if we had water.  As I was telling him that we did not, he reached over and turned on the kitchen sink faucet.  To my complete surprise and amazement, a full, steady stream of water came pouring out!  What an incredible sight!  Since I was getting ready to have my weekly book study with Theirry (we're studying an excellent book on purity) I asked him to run upstairs and let Papa Jim know that the water was on.  Before long I could hear the washing-machine, which lives in our bathroom, humming away.  Joseph was outside busily filing our large water barrels.  The sound of running water was music to my ears.  Later, when I finally made it upstairs for the night, low and behold, the water was still on.  Papa Jim had been a busy little beaver.  Our toilet had been flushed.  Multiple times.  Our water barrel was full.  To the brim.  The washing-machine was running (what music to the ears!).  It is now 12:58 a.m. the same night.  You better sit down for this one...you aren't going to believe what I am going to say.  WE STILL HAVE WATER!!!  Amazing!  Astounding!  Still able to flush the toilet!  Such luxury!  The laundry is caught up!  What a treat!  Our water barrel is still full to the brim!  WOW!  For those of you who live in the Land of Plenty, water is one of your inalienable rights.  But we who live on the Dark Side of the Moon understand very well that water is sheer luxury.  And we're praising God for blessing us with this luxury for however long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment