Thursday, August 31, 2017

Romeo.  30 years old.  Made a mess of his life.  Has two sons by two different gals.  Never married.  But he came to God in his mess, and  God has gloriously saved him.  He's in the process of transforming Romeo into the image of His Son.  It's quite something to behold.

Romeo and I have been studying together for some time now.  Once a week we get together.  Tonight we were studying in the book of Leviticus.  It's petty staggering really.  That I should be the one to lead him in this study.  The whole time I'm crying out to God to give me the right words to say.  I can think of a gazillion others who are far better equipped to be having this study.  But here I am.  Little old me.  Available.  That's my only edge.

Romeo is full of questions.  He has an amazing mind. I asked him if this was practical, useful.  He assured me it was.  Said he's learned so much and it's helping him in various areas of his life.  We talked about how the goal of this life isn't God's blessing.  The goal of this life is getting to know Him.  

Looking forward to introducing you to Romeo someday when we get Home.  You will love him.  And together we will spend eternity worshiping the One Who alone is able to transform the Romeos of this world. To Him be all the glory and the honor and the praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment