Wednesday, August 9, 2017

He's been a friend for many years.  In fact we became close when we were going through a very difficult time in our lives.  He and I became prayer partners.  We prayed together regularly.  And now he is the one going through a very difficult time.  Has been for the last few years.  And I have been holding him up in prayer.  

Today he came to Shiloh to visit one of the missionaries who is here putting on the conference.  When he saw me he let me know that it is over now.  They fired him.  And he is free!  We talked for awhile about the goodness of the Lord.  Even in the difficult times He is with us.  He is in the business of fashioning us ever more into the image of His dear Son.  I reminded him that he has become very valuable for the Master's use.  All that he has suffered will be used to help others who are coming after him.

The missionary just sat and listened.  Finally I went back in the house.  I could hear the missionary say "She knows."  My Cameroonian friend said "Oh my yes!  She knows."  When it came time for him to leave, he found me and thanked my for the things I shared with him.  He said that he came to Shiloh today hoping to receive a blessing.  He believes that God used me to deliver that blessing to him.  And the missionary agreed.  He, too was blessed.  Well we all were.  Every time we take our eyes off our circumstances and look up to the Altogether Lovely One, blessings flow all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment