Friday, January 8, 2016

You can always tell how important a project is.  It's easy.  Everything goes wrong.  The more wrong, the more important it is.  It's been that way for years.  It's normal.  I always say I'm fighting demons.  It's true. They dance on my computer, my printer.  You can almost see them.  Nothing works right.  Things you type  won't appear on the screen.  The computer crashes.  It's real slow.  Or maybe it will be the printer this time.  It doesn't matter.  It is always something.  One way or another it will be a battle.  And the more important the job, the bigger the battle.

I'm on day two of battling through the data entry on the French side of our annual report for the government.  We have to turn in the report in early January.  It's early January.  The English side has been done for over a week.  But the computer won't cooperate.  I'm taking time off to relax.  Watch a movie.  Read a book.  I'll come back at it tomorrow.  Just five more pages of data entry.  Then print it out and have a final read through. The final stage is having it bound.  There are eighteen pages on each side of the document.  Lots of pictures.  Ours is a model association.  We make our boss lady at Social Services look good.  She doesn't really like us.  But she likes what we do for her.

Well I'm going to enjoy this small calm in the middle of the battle and not even think of all the things that will go wrong tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment