Sunday, January 10, 2016

The alarm went off at six as usual.  I let the guard out and headed straight for the kitchen.  Once I put the sour dough french bread dough in a warm place to raise (out of reach of the kitchen ants) I headed for the shower.  Quick breakfast and off to church.  It has been several weeks and I was glad to be there.

I love the song service.  Like this one for example: 

      "In Your love, 
      Savior divine, 
      You, the delight of Your Father, 
      You set aside Your splendor, 

      But, oh happy day, You are the victor,
      You conquored death,
      And Your victory is my salvation,
      Yes, happy day, my peace, my joy,
      In You all is new,
      Bless Your name, oh Holy Lamb."


That's my translation from French, but you get the idea.

Rushed back home where Jim was finishing cleaning up one of the rooms.  In the midst of salad making and cutting carrots, I found time for a 30 minute power nap.  Then set the table, took the lasagna and bread out of the oven, and the first of our Sunday guests arrived.  This couple will be here for a week.  They are administrators from another mission.  It's their first time with us.  They took naps while I put the finishing touches on their four course meal.  It was fun.

As they were beginning the soup course our remaining guests arrived.  This missionary family of seven had been on the road all day long and were exhausted.  Everyone washed their hands and hurried off to the porch to eat the sandwiches they had brought from home.  The kids loved our toys.  And then off to bed.  Tomorrow is another day and another trip for them.  

And now I head for bed.  There is breakfast to make before our team arrives in the morning.  Just coffee, granola and yogurt for the couple though.  That's a piece of cake!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment