Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Well that was weird! It started two hours ago when he showed up at the gate.  Since it wasn't too late (8 p.m. is the cut-off time) the guard and I let him in.  Wanted to make a reservation.  Turns out it's for his honeymoon a little over a month from now.  We discussed the details, he paid, and he left.  So far so good.

Now comes the weird part.  An hour and a half later he phones.  Tells me his name.  Reminds me he's the one with the honeymoon coming up.  But he's almost frantic.  Tells me he needs me to forgive him.  Starts talking about having been with another woman but he does not want to be with her any more.  He's found another woman who is better for him.  But he needs my forgiveness.  He has sinned and he cannot continue on like this.  I tell him I have no idea what he is talking about.  So he repeats the whole thing:  the other woman, the new woman, his honeymoon, he has sinned and needs my forgiveness.  I repeat that I'm clueless.  What is this all about?  Why am I forgiving him?  What has he done that needs my forgiveness?  But he insists that he cannot go on without my forgiveness.  He has sinned.  So finally I tell him I don't know what I am forgiving him for but I don't have anything against him.  I'm not upset with him.  He can still have his honeymoon here.  He was sooooo relieved!  Kept thanking me.  Kept asking God to bless me.  And then the call was over.  

Beats me.  I have no idea.  Sometimes you never figure it out.  Thus ends another day.

1 comment:

  1. It strikes me this was a man under the conviction of the Holy Spirit who needed to return to God and make a definitive break with womanizing to find fulfilment and commit his life to the Lordship of Christ. it doesn't sound like he is ready for marriage. Which woman is he wanting to have a honeymoon with? Sounds like big marriage counselling is needed .

    Wha are you doing that he would need your forgiveness and want to have his honeymoon where you are.

    ReplyDelete