Sunday, January 31, 2016

He looked to be three days older than dirt as he shuffled through the gate.  Leaning heavily on two walking sticks, moving slower than molasses in January, he looked like a puff of wind would topple him.  They introduced him as a pastor and the much younger man with him (his son?) also as a pastor.  He's a kindly gentleman of the old school.  Gentle, humble, and wise.  They brought him to the big city to see the doctor.  Not sure which one of his various old age related maladies brought him here.  They proudly told us he is the oldest man in a large number of villages in his tribe.  I can believe that.  Most of the really old people are women.  They say he's 93.  I could tell he had to be at least 90.  We are honored to have him here at Shiloh.  Two days of doctors visits and then one last night to rest up for the big trip back home.  I hope I'm like him some day.  That is my goal.  I want to finish well with the inner man strong and shining brightly for my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment