Monday, January 28, 2019

Papa Jim came into our bedroom this afternoon and found Mama Alice "rolling on the floor" in hysterics.  When he asked what was so funny, I tried to read an email that had just arrived in our In Box to him, but kept going off in gales of laughter!  Finally I was able to get myself under control enough to read it passably well enough for Papa Jim to burst out in hysterical laughter, too!  With the author's permission, I hereby submit for your reading pleasure the funniest story we have heard in a long time.


So Alice, here's a little story about a recent foray I had into the
world of the pampered and petted.  It happened this way.

I was doing a bit of cleaning in one of the bathrooms and found this
gift paper bag that had been given to me some years ago and had gotten
buried in the closet.  In it was a pretty little bag with two large tea
bags that were supposed to be wonderful for putting in one's bathwater
and soaking in.  I'm not sure exactly what this was to accomplish but
anyway it was worth a try - maybe.  Another part of the story is that
the little bag had already gotten damp somehow (I don't even want to
know how or when that happened but being my mother's daughter and not
being able to throw something away that might have a possibility of
being used, of course, I had to try this soaky bath thing.)

One of the suggested ways of steeping the oversized teabag was to simply
throw it into the hot, running bathwater.  That was all fine and good
but since the teabag was already weakened by being damp, it naturally
came apart right away, and I'm sitting in the tub with all this dried
flower, twigs, grass, and leaves concoction all over me.  Then I had to
take a shower to get said flowers, twigs, grass, and leaves off of me. 
And then I had to clean all that stuff out of the bathtub.  So much for
a nice, relaxing soak in the tub.

Several days later, for the second teabag, in order to use it up
(because I'm still my mother's daughter), I chose to use the second
suggested method of steeping the teabag.  This started in the kitchen
with a pot of boiling water and since I wanted to get every possible bit
of good out of it that I could, I boiled and steeped it a second time
which any good missionary would of course do, right?  Then, not wanting
to repeat the flower, twigs, grass, leaves stuff in the tub, I took a
strainer to the tub to pour the two pans of boiling water through. 
Well, this was effective and I did enjoy the bath but it did seem to be
"much ado about nothing".  Thankfully, the teabags are a thing of the
past and my mother can rest easy.

The other thing in the little gift bag is a satin lavender scented eye
mask thing that you can heat in the microwave for 15 seconds if you want
and cover your tired, weary eyes for awhile. You're supposed to have
amazing results with this process.  I'll let you know how that turns
out.  At least it's not damp.
 

No matter how many times I read this, I still break out in laughter!  Sure hope you enjoy it as much as these two crazy missionaries living on the Dark Side of the Moon do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment