Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Just when we think we've seen it all, something new happens.

There is this older gentleman who just arrived from Chad.  (When I say "older" he's vastly younger than we are...maybe in his late 50s?) He flew down here to teach at a nearby seminary.  Their professors have been staying at Shiloh for  years.  So this Chadian gentleman was brought here from the airport at 9 p.m.  I welcomed him and gave him the fifty cent tour of the house.  He was happy to be here and had just a couple of questions.  

Shortly I was back in our room, finishing up a computer project before going to bed.  About half an hour later there was a loud CLANG CLATTER CLATTER.  It woke the dead!  And I knew instantly what had happened.  

Sure enough, our new guest (the professor from Chad) had tried to come into our bedroom.  No knock, mind you.  Just turn the handle, open the door, and come on in!  Thankfully we keep our room locked, and we keep the door bolted, and to top it off, we put a metal drinking cup on the handle.  And that accounts for the loud CLANG CLATTER CLATTER!!  

While heading for the door I called out "Who's there" but was met by silence.  I went out of the room and, sure enough, the professor was standing there.  He was puzzled why he couldn't open the door.  Turns out he thought we must have food in our room and he was looking for something to eat!

I would say "I've seen it all now!" but I know that sooner or later, another outlandish incident will invade our lives. There's never a dull moment at Shiloh.

No comments:

Post a Comment