Sunday, May 20, 2018

Did you watch the royal wedding yesterday?  We did.  I admit to being a die-hard royal watcher from way back.  My grandma was a royal watcher long before they were popular, and she molded me into one at an early age.  I remember watching the coronation of Queen Elizabeth with her.  Prince Charles was just a little boy.  We were at the University of North Dakota's SIL when Prince Charles and Princess Diana married.  I rose up early to watch the event on TV.  The only British lady on staff was shamed into watching with me.  She couldn't let an American better her!  We watched Princess Diana's funeral on  TV along with a group of Catholic priests.  We were enjoying a rare get-away at their center.  And when Will and Grace married, we were in attendance.  So of course we could not pass up this wedding.

We drank foloray to celebrate. It's a traditional drink made from red leaves.  It's quite nice actually.  There's a real fancy recipe that calls for lots of sugar and even vanilla.  Bottled coke has kind of taken the place of this drink, but it's still out there and still popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment