Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wow!  Five.  Only five.  That's amazing.  Most years the count is 12, more or less.  Today I finished the library inventory and found five missing books.  They have a way of growing feet and walking out the front gate.  The tend to exit the library in the middle of the night. It's an occupational hazard here in this country.  

I used to get upset with books being put back on the shelves in any old order.  Then it dawned on me that this is how I know they are being used.  So now I smile when I see books just about anywhere.  Our library is in continuous use.

We've had enough books appropriated by others to fill an entire library.  But God keeps right on giving us more books.  This time I incorporated two large boxes of books from a missionary who went back home for good.  In addition we have helped launch three other libraries.  So people (on a spiritual retreat mind you) take and God replaces.  It all works out in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment