Monday, March 6, 2017

It started at breakfast.  Francis told us how his wife has been made the president of the women's group at church.  She is instituting a new visitation program which includes all the women.  Feels they need to visit each other in their homes.  

I got to thinking about it.  Realized it had been a month since I had been to visit Mama Pauline, my widow friend.  So I phoned for a taxi and took off to visit her.  She's doing a lot better now.  Month by month I see an improvement.  It's been an awful loss.  She was so happy in her marriage.  But she is adjusting.  Adding new things to her life.  Branching out.  Growing. Changing.  And feeling stronger and more sure of herself all the time.  She always holds me when I leave and lets me know how much she appreciates my visits.  I don't really do anything.  Just talk.  Listen to her talk.  And we pray.  

Ingrid is right.  It is important to visit people.  Builds them up.  Encourages them in their walk with Christ.  We should do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment