Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The moment I heard her voice on the phone, I knew what this call was all about.

"Do we have a baby?" I asked.  

"Yes!  We have a baby!" she excitedly replied. 

(Read my December 26, 2015 blog to get the background on this story.)

Ten days earlier our dear friend had given birth to a precious little boy.  I asked how she was doing.  She quickly brushed aside the pain of childbirth to dwell on the wonders of finally having their own child.  When I inquired about the new father, the phone was quickly handed to him.  

"Mama Alice," he said, "from time to time we will be calling you to be asking for ideas on how to raise our son."  

We've raised three sons, so they consider us experts on the topic.  It's been a few years though.  Our "baby" is 41 years old! 

We're planning a trip down to Daoula to meet this latest grandchild of ours.   Guy, Jim and I plan on taking the first bus out of town on Saturday, June 18th.  We've already bought a gift. We'll spend a couple of hours holding this new little bundle of joy.  We'll take lots of pictures.  And then we'll get right back on the bus and arrive back in Yaounde before dark, if all goes as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment