Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I've been phoning her regularly for about a year now.  Ever since she  phoned to tell us that her husband, who's 15 years older than her, was in real bad health.  He spent three months in the hospital during one stretch.  And it's been home again for a few weeks, and back to the hospital again for a few days, weeks, or longer ever since.  

Three months ago she was so relieved.  He was much better than he had been for a long, long time.  The difficult months were finally behind them.  The wheelchair had been returned to the hospital.  He slowly walks outside each day and sits on the front porch, enjoying being outdoors.  The future was bright.  There was much to praise God for.

Since things were going so well, I thought I could wait three months to check up on my dear friend, instead of making monthly calls.  But now her gentle, kind husband was once again back in the hospital.  They had been there for several days.  Waiting on test results.  Wondering how long it would be this time.  She was so grateful to hear my voice.  She knew she could count on my prayers.  

Wish I could drop in for a visit.  She could really use the encouragement.  But the 8-9 hour bus trip that separates us makes that impossible.  So we will visit by phone.  I'm calling her in two weeks.  Maybe there will be better news then.  And I'm praying.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment