Wednesday, December 28, 2016

We've been friends for many, many years.  He comes to Shiloh on infrequent spiritual retreats.  But we go back twenty years at least.  This evening when I was registering him in the office, I casually asked how things were going.  That's when the story spilled out. 

He has worked for a Christian organization for a lot of years.  In fact, he's one of their oldest employees.  But these last few years have been difficult to put it mildly.  It's a whole long story and not one to share in this forum.  Suffice it to say, it has not been easy.  While his story is unique, it mirrors a situation we were in some years ago in many significant details.  I was reminding him of our story and he reminded me that he was there.  In fact, during part of that time, he and I were meeting weekly to pray.  And what a blessing and encouragement he was.  Now it's my turn to pray for him.  We're supposed to bear each others burdens.  It's my honor to hold him up before the Throne of Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment