Tuesday, December 13, 2016

We were sitting in Papa Pollycarp's house out in Eyene getting ready to pray.  In fact, Mama Clair was singing a song and everyone had their eyes closed.  For some reason I opened my eyes in time to watch a giant scorpion walk into the house, without so much as a by your leave.   

We grow them large here in the Rain Forest.  This one was easily 9 inches long.  Our brand of scorpion can live to be six to eight years old.  Truth be told, their sting is virtually harmless.  Forget the siting!  Me?  I'm dying of fright here!!!

Since I was the only one in the room with eyes open, I decided I better alert Guy who was sitting right next to me.  He opened his eyes, shouted, jumped to his feet and quickly grabbed a broom.  With one wack the scorpion became history.  Black guts and body parts went flying across the cement floor.  I've never seen anything like it before.  And may I not live long enough to see it again.  Once was one time to often.

Sometimes life gets a little too exciting out here in Darkest Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment