Saturday, October 6, 2018

When I opened my eyes early this morning they landed on the words "Happy Birthday" which were laying on top of our mosquito net.  I laughed and Jim was immediately awake.  I think he didn't sleep since putting the words there shortly after midnight.  Later when I was called to breakfast, extra people were there.  In fact we numbered eleven around the table.  Jim had invited everyone to a birthday breakfast for me.  We ate granola and milk, eggs with yogurt and guacamole, bagels and lox, coffee, tea, cream and sugar.  What a feast!  And as we finished eating all of that, a lovely cake was set down in front of me.  "Happy Birthday Alice" was written on top of the cake and there was a seven candle plus two individual ones to bring us to seventy-two.  Lots of pictures were taken and a wonderful time was had by one and all.  What a great way to turn old!

No comments:

Post a Comment