Wednesday, August 8, 2018

She came bursting into Shiloh, rushed up to each one, threw her arms around our knees, and hugged us for all she was worth.  Then she announced that they were on vacation.  "Vacation is when you don't come to work.  We're still on vacation.  We're going back home and not coming back to work."  Wow!  What an education she gave us.

Doris told us that each day she is asking about Shiloh.  I mean, vacation's fun.  You get to sleep in and do other things.  But Shiloh is considerably funner!  And Shiloh has Papa Jim.  So she hugged us some more, gave me a bunch of butterfly kisses, told me she loved me, and skipped off upstairs with Papa Jim to have some alone time.  Several hours later when it was time to go home she was so dejected I thought she was going to cry.  Forget vacation.  Let's go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment