Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Do you ever think about what you would do if you somehow got a million dollars?  Not winning the lottery.  That wouldn't do.  Somebody decided to just give you a cool million.  What's the first thing you would do?  I have a sister who would probably go on another cruise to somewhere or another.  Buy a fancy house?  Or a luxury car? 

So here's what I would do.  I would make a list of all the Cameroonians (the godly ones) whom I could help with a million dollars.  Then I would start down the list and help them one by one.  Buy cars for various ones who could really use them in their respective ministries. Build houses for certain God fearing pastors.  And other godly ones.  Help widows set up businesses.  Maybe pay school fees for a few orphans.  I can think of at least two churches that need buildings.  And there are certain Cameroonian missionaries whose ministries are struggling.  I could certainly help them.  The list is long.  I wouldn't run out of ideas before running out of that million dollars.  

But it's not likely to happen.  Now in our lifetime.  So what are we going to do with the little  we have?  Go on a smaller trip?  Buy a more modest home.  A VW bug?  Or invest it in the Kingdom at our level, where we live. Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment