Thursday, March 8, 2018

Today is her big day.  We have a granddaughter who is celebrating 113,880 hours of life on planet earth today.  That's right...she has become a dreaded teenager!

Do you remember back when you finally turned thirteen?  As old as I am, I have not forgotten.  It seemed like that longed for all important date would never arrive.  My two older sisters had been letting me know in no uncertain terms that I was a "little kid" and my opinion didn't count until I were to reach the lofty position of "teenager".  And so I thought of little else for a very long time.  Truth be told, when I finally turned 13 way back on October 6, 1959, nothing magical happened.  Though I would never admit it to my sisters, I still felt the same as yesterday's "little kid".   

113,880 hours ago Grandpa and Grandma Tucker were in the United States.  In fact we had been with Corianna's parents and older brother, plus her other grandparents, at the time of her due date.  We were all hovering around, waiting expectantly for her arrival.  But she chose her own time as babies always do.  We had a speaking engagement in another state, and the other grandparents had to get back to work, so we all drifted off to our non-grand-parenting lives.  And then she came!  She was still pretty little when we met her for the first time.  How we hugged and rocked and held close this our very special second granddaughter who doubles as our fifth grand-baby.  We knew our time with her would be all too brief and then we wouldn't see her again for a very long time.  

In spite of the Big Pond that separates us  and the infrequent visits every two, three, or even four years, we have managed to build a relationship with this precious young lady who is turning 113,880 hours old even as we speakAnd so we dedicate this Blog to Miss Corianna Jane Tucker, the newest teenager in Arizona!  Keep walking with God.  That is all we ever ask of you.  And never ever forget that we love you with all our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment