Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Years Day.  It's a day for children to knock on their neighbors doors and give them some flowers.  Wish them "Happy New Year." The neighbors are then supposed to give them a treat like candy or cookies.  Here at Shiloh it is also the day we take down our Christmas tree and all the other decorations.  The children started coming at 8 a.m. We made sinker-doodles for them this year.  We always give them a gospel track, too.  

Two grade school boys were holding out their flowers when I opened the gate.  "Happy New Year!" they chorused.  Then the one said to the other "He's stupid."  The friend replied "Be quiet."  I asked who was stupid and the first boy told me about a boy.  He said he was sitting a short ways away from our gate.  He told these two boys that he wasn't going to come to our house.  They could just give me his Happy New Year and collect my gift for him and bring it to him.  I told them that if that boy wanted to bring me some flowers and wish me Happy New Year, I did have a gift for him.  But I wouldn't give his gift to anyone else.  The boy never showed up.  He was the looser. 

We love New Years Day.  We love seeing all the children and interacting with them. And we love giving out cookies and especially gospel tracks to them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment