Monday, October 31, 2016

I'm trying to look and act like I'm calm, cool and collected.  But it's just a facad.  We're new at this stuff and I can hardly wait to get to the part where I can start shouting from the roof tops.  Our girl is in the very first stages of getting married, and not being excited is not easy for this old grandmother!  The man in question is coming over for a meal on Saturday.  We will all be there:  Papa Jim, Mama Alice, Guy, and Francis.  We're her family.  The family God gave to her.  And we are going to interiogate this man to death.  By the time the day is over with, we have to decide if we give him the green light or if we say NO WAY, NOT NOW, NOT EVER!!!  We're all coming up will little stratagies on how to trick him into exposing his true self to us.  And everyone is sharing their stories about what it was like when they went to the girl's house to express interest in marrying the daughter.  While we all love to tease, and Doris is our favorite person to tease, we're being very circumspect.  We've reigned in our emotions.  This is all very matter-of-fact.  God will lead us.  He will make His will plain to us.  We're taking it one step at a time.  There is no rush.  But truth be told, I'm about to explode!  I love romance and fairy tales and happily ever after and weddings and all the planning and preperation that goes into it.  I can hardly wait to roll up my sleves and jump in feet first!  Enough of this calm, cool, and collected stuff already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment