Friday, July 29, 2016

When he brought me back to Shiloh, I handed him 6.000 F as I got out of the taxi.  

"Wow!  Thank you!  Are you sure you want to give all of this to me?" he asked. 

Since I couldn't figure out what he was talking about, I re-calculated how much I owed him.  Reminded him that he picked me up at 6 p.m. It was now 7:15 p.m.  He agreed.  So what was so special about paying him for the second hour?  It's what his government says we are supposed to do when we hire a taxi by the hour.  Anything over the hour is charged as another full hour, no matter how little of that hour is used.

He hastened to informe me that, while it is the government established regulation, very few people abide by it.  More often than not, he is cheated out of his fair pay.  I'm one of the few that is scrupliously honest.

He helped me carry my purchases into Shiloh, handed them to the guard, and turned and gave me a great big hug.  With tears in his eyes he thanked me for being so honest and so kind to him.  

If others can't see Jesus in me, what's the point of being a missionary?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment