Wednesday, July 20, 2016

This afternoon I took a break from work to look inside our upright freezer.  It's a full size American freezer.  We bought it a number of years ago from some missionaries who were returning to America for good.  Normally it's full with made-ahead meals for future guests, bread, banana bread, homemade ice cream, meat, chicken, fish, and various and sundry other things.  But now, as we've passed the half-way mark in this month of very limited resources which resulted in no market shopping at all, I just wanted to see how we're doing.  I was awe struck by both how empty the freezer is (can't remember when I've seen so many  empty shelves) and yet how much food is still left.  I saw many future meals staring back at me (some already prepared and some waiting for my creative genius).  No doubt about it.  We will easily make it through to next month.  What an amazing Father we serve.  He always takes care of His own.

No comments:

Post a Comment