Wednesday, February 13, 2019

There are eight people at Shiloh tonight.  Two are down with a cold.  It's the unintended consequences of group living.  It started with a guest who came to Shiloh direct from the airport.  Those long international flights are a great place to pick up all sorts of colds and flues and what-not.  It hit our guest in the middle of the night, night before last.  Then it was my turn in the middle of the night last night.  You have to wonder who will succumb in the middle of the night tonight.  Thankfully I have a milder version of our guest's cold.  So far I'm not coughing, sneezing, or dealing with a runny nose.  But I am being very careful.  Doing everything I know to do to keep this cold corralled at the entry level. I'm gargling with salt water, taking Tylenol,  drinking lots of water, juice, and hot tea, and I took two naps today. I would be taking vitamin C but we have run out and are not sure where to buy more.  Now I'm heading for bed early.  The last thing I need, want, or can use is a full blown cold.  Thankfully my symptoms seem to be dissipating.  And maybe there will be no more sickies in the morning.  We can always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment