Sunday, December 16, 2018

What a fun, fun day!  And what a rare treat.  I have been a bit under the weather all week long.  Plodding along but not up to snuff.  They call it "change of season sickness" around here.  Most everyone is reacting to the start of the long dry season and the very beginnings of Harmattan.  The air is thick with dust.  Lots of coughing and respiratory illnesses.  A big increase in the number of malaria cases.  Lots of people dragging through the day.  That's me.  I fit nicely into that last category.

So I didn't make it downstairs today until 11:30 a.m.  And then I only made it to the couch.  I spent the next six hours laying down and visiting with various and sundry people who dropped in.  Some Sundays are bigger days for visitors than others. This was one of the big ones.  About half way through my six hour vigil on the couch, to my complete and utter surprise, in walks Stephanie with little 1 1/2 year old Faithful prancing along at her side.  At that precise moment there were three others visiting with me.  We all know and love little Faithful, but none of us had seen her since she started walking.  

Wish you could have been here!  You would have loved this delightful, happy-go-lucky child.  She sings.  She "talks" a lot.  She dances.  She walks.  No make that runs.  She smiles continuously.  She's not afraid of strangers.  She is happy all the time.  Well they did admit that she has learned to cry...but only when she is hungry or wants her diapers changed.  She's nearly perfect in every way.  And in addition she is downright adorable.

I know, I know.  We sound like all those other bragging grandparents.  But in this case, you would have agreed with us.  Sorry you weren't able to get in on the fun.  Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment