Friday, November 3, 2017

Did you hear what he just said??  He recounted an incident that took place maybe 22 or 24 years ago!

This morning we had occasion to be with a group of people we rarely see.  After the meeting, various friends from years back flocked around us to greet us and reminisce.  This one talked about when I visited them in their home when their third daughter was a baby.  He proudly reported that the baby I held is 20 years old now!  (Not possible!)  We were told by one man that he still repairs lawnmowers.  He  reminded Jim of all the lawnmower repair lessons he had given him so long ago.  Another talked about the time Jim spent two days with him teaching him how to repair his wife's old stove.  The local repair man said it could no longer be repaired, but Jim showed him how to take it all apart and make it work again.  

Just as we were saying good-by to this group of friends whom we may not see again for some time, one man turned to me and said "Madame, I will never forget Mr. Tucker.  He is the only missionary who helped me out when my father died.  None of the others did anything to help.  But Jim brought me a case of soft drinks.  That was such a big help for the burial dinner.  I will never forget Jim Tucker as long as I live!"  

How amazing!  Sometimes it's the little things that we do and quickly forget that make a deep and lasting impression on another. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment