Thursday, October 5, 2017

Well it's official.  I'm seventy-one years old now!  To all of those who are looking at me from a younger vantage point, that's getting up there in years.  To all of those who are looking at me from an older vantage point, that's not all that old.  It's all in our perspective, right?

For me personally, it feels so good to be growing older.  Each day God gifts me with life here on this earth place brings me one day closer to Glory.  I can hardly wait to go Home!  

Rather than having a birthday party with cake and ice cream, rather than going out to a restaurant with my husband to celebrate, we are leaving shortly to go back out to Eyene.  I can think of no better way to celebrate my birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Alice!!! (Isn't it nice how "belated" sounds so… well, so dignified and polite and important. It's as if it makes the greeting more sincere, which, of course, it can't get any more sincere than it already is!)

    For an refresher on how sarcastic I can be (when not being totally sincere), you can read http://jimgantenbein.blogspot.com/2017/10/when-god-isnt-enough.html

    Love you, cousin!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete